Welcome to the benefits website for the Evergreen Teachers Association Health & Welfare Trust. Your benefit summaries as well as other useful information are presented here.
What are the benefits currently provided by the Trust?
Income Protection for active employees (e.g., disability). (See Benefits Booklet page 11)
Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance for active employees and Evergreen School District Board of Trustees:
Life: $10,000, Accidental Death: $20,000, Dismemberment: $5,000 to $10,000. (See Benefits Booklet page 24)
Partial Contributions to Health Insurance premiums paid for eligible retirees and spouses (or California Registered Domestic Partners) when retiree turns 65. (See Benefits Booklet page 6)
Long-Term Care (e.g., nursing home, convalescent home, home care) for active employees and eligible retirees (spouses and California Registered Domestic Partners not included). (See Benefits Booklet page 26)
Who is eligible for Trust benefits?
- All members of the Teachers’ Bargaining Unit, the Evergreen School District Management Team and Confidential Employees are eligible for Income Protection, Life Insurance, and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance. Individual Long Term Care benefits are provided for all active employees participating in the Trust or retirees who have met the eligibility requirements of the Trust.
- Members of the Evergreen School District Board of Trustees are eligible for Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance. Individual Long Term Care benefits are provided for all trustees participating in the Trust or retirees who have met the eligibility requirements of the Trust.
- All members of the Teachers’ Bargaining Unit, Management Team, Evergreen School District Board of Trustees and Confidential Employees who have at least 15 years of service in eligible classifications in the Evergreen District and retire from the Evergreen School District and STRS or PERS at age 55 or older will have partial contributions to their health insurance premiums paid by the Trust from age 65 until death. Spouses (or California Registered Domestic Partners) will also receive the health premium benefit at the time of the retiree’s eligibility.
- The only individuals who shall be entitled to participate in and receive benefits from the Trust Fund shall be those employees who are described above. It is expected that the Employer will submit contributions only on behalf of such employees. The receipt by the
Trust Fund of contributions which may be submitted on behalf of individuals who are not eligible to participate shall not stop the Trustees from declining or terminating the participation of such individuals nor shall it constitute a waiver of any of the provisions of participation or of the benefit plans.
How do I apply for Trust benefits?
- Income Protection: Application forms are available in the Department of Human Resources.
- Retiree Health Premium Benefits: Application forms are available in the Department of Human Resources.
- Individual Long Term Care: Application forms are available in the Department of Human Resources.
- Life Insurance: Evergreen Teachers Association Health and Welfare Trust, c/o United Administrative Services, 6800 Santa Teresa Blvd Ste 100, San Jose, CA 95119, (408) 288-4400
Who do I contact if I have questions regarding my benefits under this Trust?
Contact one of the Trustees or Trustees Elect: Andrew Schorr, Leslye Lawler, Lucy Haab, Ray Mocherman, Kimberly Gurley, Merrilee Claverie or Margaret Hoang. See the inside front cover of your Benefits Booklet for contact information or go to the contact page.
Individual Trustees may answer questions but their responses do not legally bind the Trust. Official responses may be requested in writing from the full Board of Trustees.